ARRIS powers the smart, connected world for millions of consumers and the world's leading service providers. As a global leader, we're constantly raising our standard of responsibility for everything we do.
This week, we published our 2017 Corporate Responsibility Report. It highlights the steps we've taken to ensure that our innovation doesn't stop at making the world's best entertainment and broadband technology, but also redefines environmental responsibility in our industry and in businesses around the world.
Our key achievements in 2017 include:
- More than 95% of applicable ARRIS products complied with the EU and US Set-Top Box (STB) and Small Network Equipment (SNE) energy efficiency voluntary agreements.
- ARRIS made the top 1% of suppliers assessed by EcoVadis in all categories, secured our second consecutive Gold Corporate Responsibility rating.
- ARRIS introduced the second generation of our E6000® Converged Edge Router—the world's most widely deployed CCAP™ platform—which will reduce operators' CMTS/CCAP power-per-unit capacity by 5x in the coming years.
- We developed new Fiber Deep HFC architectures, which reduce power use by up to 50% while providing a path to 10x increases in network capacity.
- We reduced our scope 1 and 2 location-based GHG emissions by 11.3% (compared to 2013).
- We reduced our total energy consumption by 11.5% (compared to 2013).
- ARRIS now purchases 16% of its total electricity from renewable energy sources.
Corporate responsibility continues to guide every major decision at ARRIS, because we believe that doing the right thing is the best thing we can do for our business, employees, customers, and the world.