SCTE kicks off next week in Denver, and ARRIS will be on hand to showcase our latest products and solutions. Broadband Technology Report previewed next week’s event, highlighting that our own John Ulm will present on bandwidth capacity planning during the show.
Additionally, Forbes highlighted that cable modem rentals generate between $275 and $300 million in revenue each quarter forComcast; more than the Sochi Olympics.
According to Rapid TV News, the number of TV sets connected to the Internet will reach nearly one billion by 2020. Separately, Home Media Magazine predicted that online video on mobile devices will constitute more than half of all online video views by the beginning of 2016.
Finally, IP&TV News discussed a survey revealing OTT TV is becoming a convenient, enjoyable and commonly used way to access video content in emerging markets.
Check back next week for the latest industry news.
- Expo Preview: Tech Workshops (Sept. 17) By Monta Monaco Hernon, Broadband Technology Report: Educational opportunities will be abundant next week at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo, with 46 technical workshops planned, spanning all four days of the conference. They are segmented into three main tracks with the underlying theme being next-gen.
- Comcast: Cable Modem Rentals Contribute More Than Olympics (Sept. 19) By Ken Kam, Forbes: Last week, I explained how Comcast’s and broadband customers who buy their own cable modem are earning 11% per month on their investment.
- Connected TV market set to near 1BN mark by 2020 (Sept. 17) By Joseph O’Halloran, Rapid TV News: The number of TV sets connected to the Internet is set to reach 965 million by 2020 according to a report from Digital TV Research.
- Report: Mobile Video Use Up, Connected TV Still King (Sept. 15) By Erik Gruenwedel, Home Media Magazine: Despite a surge in video consumption on mobile phones and tablets, most viewers still prefer connected televisions when viewing content longer than 30 minutes, according to new data from Ooyala Global Video Index Q2 2014.
- IBC 2014: SPB TV presents OTT survey on emerging markets (Sept. 13) By Thomas Campbell, IP&TV News: On 12 September, at a special IBC Exhibition event with industry experts and media, SPB TV’s Co-Founder Sebastian-Justus Schmidt announced the survey outcomes, sharing developments in the fast-growing consumer base of OTT TV users in emerging markets.
Posted inAll Posts